Why The Racer's Edge? (TRE)
Whether you're a first time racer, a veteran competitor, or somewhere in between, your goal is to train safely and effectively, compete confidently, complete your event and achieve your goals.
This requires two main strategies:
1) Fundamentals of training and competing.
2) Managing your mind, your body and your health
Conventional race prep programs focus on the fundamentals of training and how to complete events. These programs are highly valuable, however they are not designed or equipped to focus on your health needs beyond the basics such as stretching or foam rolling.
The Racer's Edge program (TRE) was created by Dr. Brian Blatt, a Neuro-Structural Chiropractor in NYC with additional training and background in Applied Kinesiology and biomechanics.
Having worked with many athletes of all levels, from professionals and Olympians to first time competitors/racers,
Dr. Blatt noticed that many of his athlete and training patients were fighting through chronic and acute injuries, ignoring significant issues, or following advice that would not only hinder performance, but often cause or worsen problems.
The purpose of the program is to help athletes and those training for sports competitions to correct issues and injuries, train more safely, compete at the highest level they can by optimizing their bodies and recover properly after having performed successfully.
To do this, we:
- Objectively Assess- the structure and bio-mechanics of your spine, extremities, joints, muscles and soft tissue as well as your nervous system, as it is directly responsible for coordinating and controlling all of the above.
- Specifically Correct- adverse shifts in these bodily systems to help you heal, feel, and function properly and optimally. This will address both old and current injuries as well as minimize and prevent future ones. We do not chase symptoms, we locate what is abnormal shift it towards normal. Corrections are made with a variety of methods including joint adjustments, soft tissue work, Applied Kinesiology, targeted breathing and several other approaches.
- Optimize your performance. After correcting the underlying health issues, we strengthening and coordinate these areas so they can be reintegrated and properly facilitated. For example, many runners have faulty gait patterns because their entire bodies are compensating for dysfunction to avoid overly stressing affected joints and regions. Correcting those joints is critical, but restoring the breath, awareness, and movement patterns will create even greater results through neuroplasticity.
- Provide proactive care to help you properly recover from your event(s) and supporting your health beyond it.
In addition to the clinical side of the program, we will also provide you with many additional resources for successful training and comprehensive health. Consider us part of your team.